Print Buying #UKvUSA episode 27: Choose One – Efficiency Or Creativity
The discussion was based on this quote by Reed Hastings, founder and CEO of Netflix, on the difference between creativity and efficiency:
“A way to think about it is, innovation requires variation. And in manufacturing—six sigma, all that stuff—you’re trying to reduce variation.
The fundamental manufacturing paradigm is to reduce variation, and the fundamental creative, innovation paradigm is to increase it.”
- How does one create the right balance between efficiency and creativity?
- Handy tips for efficient creativity in the printing industry
- Deborah shocks Matthew!
- Matthew shares a print marketing e-mail which he was not impressed with
We would love to hear your thoughts on efficiency and creativity. Please share them in the comments below.
Here’s the latest episode of Print Buying UKvUSA. Myself Matthew Parker and Deborah Corn talk about some of the recent printing industry e-mails and newsletters we have received. Find out what works and what doesn’t in real life. Here’s why this is an essential listen:
- Find out strategies that work and what to avoid
- Is this the worst-ever newsletter?!
- A great way to build newsletter data
What do you think about your newsletter in the light of this podcast? Do send your newsletter to Deborah and I: we plan to make this a regular feature of UKvUSA.
PS If you liked what I had to say, make sure you sign up below for regular updates from me
< Back to blog