How will printing companies survive after coronavirus?
(The secret to winning new print business in a changing world: two-hour sales assignments)
Coronavirus has turned the world upside down
Right now, many printing companies are struggling to find enough work. But the ones that I am talking to are also busy planning for what happens now that restrictions are easing and life begins to get back to a new normal. They know it is going to be tough out there. They know that to survive they are going to have to take action to win business.
Many print shops realise they need to do something to bring in business after Coronavirus but they don’t know what it is they should do. They don’t know if their customers will return. But they do know that many of their customers certainly won’t be working as normal. Some printers are worried about whether their business will survive.
Many of these printing companies:
- want to engage with customers again
- want to think about how they can win new business
- want to ensure their own business is stable and can survive into the future
Imagine if your print business and had a clear set of tasks and strategies to get you back on track. Imagine if those tasks only took a couple of hours every week. Picture having a success plan for winning new business. And think about what it would be like if you had an industry expert to turn to for help if you weren’t sure what to do who would also keep you accountable and on track.
Introducing The Successful Print Sales Circle
The Successful Print Sales Circle is a new monthly action plan that I have created. It is based on activity and achievement rather than just receiving and consuming information. Right now, based on all the conversations that I have had, many printing companies need help. But they need this help to be:
- Practical advice
- Quick and easy to implement
- Combined with live feedback on what they are doing
- Based on knowledge of the printing industry
- Based on knowledge of today’s buyers
- Be a low cost/low commitment plan
Traditionally, I have worked on a 1-2-1 basis with a wide variety of printing companies, helping them win profitable new clients. But not everyone has the budget for mentoring. The Successful Print Sales Circle allows printing companies to learn and receive live feedback with me every month at a significantly lower price point.
Here’s the twist: it’s created by a buyer
I’m Matthew Parker. I have been a buyer for many years. Over my career, I have listened over 1,400 different printing companies as they tried to become a supplier to me. I’ve read a lot of sales letters, listened to a lot of sales calls and had a lot of different sales tactics tried on me! I know what works and what doesn’t.
I have mentored and trained hundreds of printing companies in the tactics that I’m going to share with you. I have seen the results that they have achieved from using the strategies that I teach. I know you can benefit too.
By the way, I have also presented at many events for the likes of Xerox, Canon, Konica Minolta, HP, Dscoop, Antalis and FESPA. And I’m regularly featured in publications such as Printing Impressions, Canvas, Printweek and Print Monthly, to name just a few.
Some printing companies are making serious mistakes at the moment
Some are assuming things will go back to normal. That is the last thing that is going to happen right now. No-one is going to want a physical visit from someone for a very long time. Traditional sales messaging just doesn’t cut it when we are emerging from a pandemic.
Others are waiting for the phone to ring. But print will be the last thing on many customers’ minds right now. You are only going to win business if you go out and get it.
Finally, a number of printing companies have a plan to move completely online. That’s all well and good but realistically the transition is going to take several months. Business can’t stop until your e-commerce systems are up and running. And here’s a secret: the most successful online businesses use a lot of offline strategies as well.
Who is The Successful Print Sales Circle for?
The Circle is ideal for anyone who wants to sell more print. You might be the owner of a print shop or print management company. Or you may have some sort of a role in print sales. Some people will subscribe so they can find the right tasks to delegate to their teams.
But The Successful Print Sales Circle is not for everyone
- It’s not for those who aren’t prepared to invest a small amount of money every month into this action plan
- It’s not for those who can’t be bothered to spend 2-4 hours each week putting new techniques and planning into practice
- It’s not for those who are scared to try new techniques
- And it’s not for those don’t want to win more business
It’s only for you if you want to new business and new clients. And if you are prepared to invest time and effort in order to achieve this. If this isn’t you, please do not subscribe and prevent someone who will gain from this action plan from getting access to one of the very limited places.
What do I gain from subscribing to “The Successful Print Sales Circle”?
If you carry through all the assignments, you will win more print clients. Most importantly, you learn a whole range of sales strategies that you can put into use again and again with all sorts of clients. You have access to expert help for your sales challenges. Finally, you gain confidence in print sales.
Remember, this is all based on following my six-stage success path
- Create easy sales wins
- Set the right systems for ongoing successful sales
- Create more profitable clients
- Communicate and market regularly and successfully
- Create new products and launches
- Create a regular new business ritual
Each of these stages can be mastered by using simple two-hour strategies. The Successful Print Sales Circle guides you through strategies for each of these stages, month by month.
I know that everyone is up against it at the moment. Most companies don’t have anywhere near the resource to dedicate someone to full-time sales. But you can be winning new business in just a few hours work a week.
Here are some of the things we cover in the first six months of this action plan
- How to win a new client with on average just ten calls or e-mails
- One major source of business that most printing companies never consider
- A simple system to win more business from your current customers at higher profit margins
- How to time a call or e-mail to maximise your chances of a customer buying
- The question that stops customers from leaving you
- An easy method to ensure you never forget to make an important sales contact
- Sell products and services that customers didn’t even know you offered
- How to set up a successful e-mail contact list for free
Here’s what you receive when you subscribe to The Successful Print Sales Circle
The Successful Print Sales Circle is a monthly programme that teaches you to implement simple and realistic strategies to win more work for your print business.
- Two videos every month with a practical, actionable sales assignment that will only take a couple of hours. You won’t need special skills to use them. I take you through all the details to help you carry them out
- A pdf workbook for every video so you can plan out exactly what you need to carry out
- “Print product inspiration”: a monthly podcast where I talk you through products and services for different sectors and how to make them work. Want ideas on how to break into retail, restaurants, estate agency and other profitable sectors? I have you covered!
- “Ask Matthew”: a monthly group call where you can ask me anything (and I mean anything!) Do you have a client problem or a business challenge? Or just a question about how to implement what you have learned over the month? I’ll give you the answer. If you can’t make the call, it’s not a problem: you can send me in your question and the call will be recorded
If you want even more help, including personal access to me, then the gold membership is for you
The gold membership version also includes:
1) Direct personal access to Matthew – e-mail address worth £125/hour
With a gold membership you receive a special e-mail address that allows you to personally ask me any question. I’ll come back to you via e-mail within 48-hours. Your question won’t be shared with anyone else in the group: we’ll work through your challenge together.
2) Live accountability – worth £150/month
After every video you receive a set of targets to make sure you carry out the strategy that you have just learned. We follow up with you personally to make sure you carried out the right actions and to see the results that you achieved. If you encountered any barriers, we will help you overcome them. This ensures that you really do put The Successful Print Sales Circle into action and benefit from it.
The first intake of The Successful Print Sales Circle is limited to just 35 people
Membership of the circle is deliberately limited so that we can give every member the personal attention that they deserve. Also, it’s the first I’ve run this so I want to make sure I have everything right and I don’t want to be overwhelmed!
Registration closes on 7th August or when we have 35 members, whichever comes first
I will open membership again later this year. But the price will go up. This is your only chance to get membership at this price.
Enrol in The Successful Print Sales Club now!
Remember that my current consultancy rate is £1,045/$1,300 per day. In other words, you gain access to me, my strategies and my personal help for over two years for the price of a single day’s consultancy.
|The Successful Print Sales Circle standard membership||Regular||Gold|
|Two monthly videos and transcripts with clearly explained sales assignments - worth £60/$75|
|Full pdf worksheets to support the video - worth £20/$25|
|Print product inspiration monthly podcast - worth £10/$12.50|
|Monthly 60-minute live group call - worth £45/$55|
|The Successful Print Sales Circle gold membership|
|Everything in the standard plan - worth £135/$170|
|Direct personal e-mail access to Matthew - worth £125/$155/hour|
|Live monthly accountability – worth £150/$190/month|
Pay safely and securely by credit card or by PayPal
Or purchase a 12-month membership for the price of nine months
How are you going to get your business back on track after Coronavirus?
Right now you are almost certainly facing a sales gap. Many of your past customers may go out of business. If you don’t take the right action to win more work now, you may not be in business either…